JOB TITLE: Lead Cook
Day Cook: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday (6am-1pm)
Evening Cook: Sunday, Monday Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday (3pm-8pm)
POSITION PURPOSE: The head cook oversees food service and cooks for approximately 130 people. Prepares food and helps with clean up . Outdoor School is known for its delicious, home-cooked meals
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Plan and cook nutritious menus that are friendly to staff and all ages of participants.
2. Prepare and cook meals that support requested dietary needs and or food allergies such as vegetarianism, gluten or lactose free diets, or severe nut allergies.
3. Help to wash all dishes used in the preparation of meals.
4. Maintain food Handler’s Certificate food handling standards in kitchen, refrigerators and pantries.
5. Ability to follow recipes and improvise when necessary.
6. Ability to repurpose leftover food into new dishes.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Clean kitchen, refrigerators and pantries at the end of each program week.
2. Coordinate with other cooks in meal planning and implementation.
3. Responsible for washing kitchen laundry.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to physically perform assigned duties.
2. Valid Oregon Food Handler Card.
3. Ability to secure transportation to and from the Outdoor School site and equip self with appropriate personal gear to work in the Outdoor School environment.
This position is regular full-time position.
Room and board are a possibility.
Salary Range: $375 – $575 / Weekly
Interested persons should send resume to Charlie Anderson @ email@example.com